Managing your many can save your financial future. But many people just don’t do it.
It isn’t sexy. But if you want to pay off student loan debt and build a stable financial future, you need to take ownership of where your money is going.
The good news is that there are a number of online tools you can use to help control your spending. Best of all, many are free – so there’s no excuse not to to have a budgeting and saving system in place.
Making sacrifices today will ensure that you build your financial prosperity for the future. Having the right tools allows you to focus on your commitment to be debt-free.
You’ll soon be on your way to achieving your financial and personal goals. Here are some of the best free online tools to help get you started now:
Mint is a free application that launched in 2007 and has grown to over 7 million users. It allows you to compile all your important accounts into one single platform.
You can track finances and manage your spending, while having full access to your data from any computer or mobile device.
Mint, synchronizes your bank account, debit and credit card, and investment information. Its category function gives you greater insight into the areas where you need to focus your efforts.
- View your transactions and balances on your desktop or any mobile device
- Ability connect to any US financial institution that has internet banking capability
- Manage your checking, savings, credit card accounts, and others
- Deliver reminders via email or to your mobile device
- Track spending to help you create a budget that is easy to maintain
Yodlee is another free personal finance management tool that you can use to budget and pay off your student loans. It imports all your bank and credit card information. Yodlee also addresses bill payments, money transfers, and budgeting goals.
It’s ideal for managing many accounts, and has the unique ability to label transactions. This makes them easier to track and manage. If you pay bills online, Yodlee provides full support to help you streamline the process.
Yodlee gives you the power to keep your financial information updated. You’ll have the important reminders and alerts that aren’t available in many other platforms.
- Consolidate financial accounts
- Manage expenses, budgets, goals, and investments
- Easy to use
- Better control of your finances.
- Secure data collection from different sources such as banks, credit cards, mortgages, and 401(k).
GnuCash GnuCash offers a unique open source option for managing your money. Unlike with other platforms, you don’t need to connect your bank accounts in order for it to work.
GnuCash operates on OSX, Windows, Linux, Solaris, and BSD operating systems. It allows you to manage transactions with scheduling, so you can track recurring expenses. You can create detailed financial reports to access data in a way that’s best suited to your personal preferences.
If you download financial records from your bank, GnuCash will allow you to import OFX and QIF files.
- Track all your bank, investment, and expense accounts
- Simple interface designed to be as easy as using a checkbook register
- Use accounting principles to keep all accounts accurate and balanced
- Track scheduled transactions
- Perform Financial Calculations
- Use graph reports for quick visualization
Using online personal finance tool can help you establish and meet your financial goals. Refinancing calculators are also available to help you pay off student loans faster. But you’ll need to commit to setting up a realistic budget that you can stick to over time.
Need some budgeting tips? Check out our previous post on ways to cut your spending without taking the joy out of life. Take advantage of the free online tools available and find the one that works for you.