New York State Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness Program

If you’re a New Yorker and a social worker, you could be eligible for loan forgiveness.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for this award, you must be a legal resident of New York for at least one year, as well as a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. You must also be a licensed social worker with at least one year of full-time experience in a critical human service area.

How much is the award?

If you’re eligible, you could receive up to $6,500 per year to a maximum of $26,000 of your total qualifying loan debt, whichever is less.

Which loans qualify?

• Stafford loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Consolidation loans
• NYS student loans
• Private student loans

How do I apply?

Click the following link to learn more about the New York State Licensed Social Worker Student Loan Forgiveness Program.

Questions? Contact Us!

or Go Back to Student Loan Repayment Plans