Student Loans Discharge for Closed School

If your school closed, you may be eligible for 100% loan forgiveness.

Am I eligible?

If you could not complete your program of study because your school closed while you were enrolled, or it closed within 120 days of you dropping out, you may qualify for this forgiveness. If you were offered a Teach-Out Program and did not accept or complete your program of studies at another institution, you are not eligible.

How much is the award?

If you meet the requirements, you are eligible to have 100% of the loans you took out for that program forgiven, including any amounts you’ve already paid.

Which loans qualify?

• Stafford loans
• Consolidation loans
• Parent PLUS loans
• Grad PLUS loans
• Perkins loans

How do I apply?

Contact your loan servicer to receive an application for a closed school discharge. If you have questions regarding your closed school, contact the appropriate person here.

Questions? Contact Us!

or Go Back to Student Loan Repayment Plans