Although college is expensive, it does come with some perks. One of the best things about being a student is all of the discounts that come with the title! Many companies offer discounts to students, some of which you may already be aware of, but some you may not; they’re not all advertised. To capitalize on these deals, you should be sure to always carry your student ID card with you, even when you’re not on campus or you’re away on summer break. Take advantage of having a student ID while you can; many student discounts are no longer available when your ID expires or when you turn 25 years old. Remember, it never hurts to ask if there’s a discount—the money you’ll save adds up quickly!
- Amazon: All you need is an active .edu email address, and you can get six months of Amazon Prime for free. After your trial ends, you can get a Prime Student subscription for $49 annually, which is less than half the normal price. With free two-day shipping for almost anything you might need, plus Kindle eBooks and Prime Video, it’s hard to come up with a reason not to sign up!
- Apple: Both current and newly accepted students can get discounts on new Apple devices like Macs and iPads to help with their studies! Additionally, students can get an Apple Music subscription for half-price ($4.99/month).
- FedEx: If you need to mail something, FedEx might have the best deals around. Students receive 30% off the shipping cost of documents and envelopes, and 20% off the cost of packages. You must show your student ID in person to receive this discount.
- ID.me: This site offers specialized discounts and deals to students who register—it’s free. The offers vary, but include discounts on clothing, travel, and technology. Retailers include Sperry, Nike, Ford, and Microsoft, but there are tons of others offering up to 15% off your purchase and cash back.
- Microsoft: A student email address will get you free access to Office 365, which includes programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Additionally, students get a 10% discount on Windows devices, which could come in handy as you’re prepping for the next school year.
- The New York Times: For $1 per week, students can get access to unlimited articles on NYTimes.com. For $1.50, students can also get access to the crossword puzzles. The best part is, the rate stays the same for as long as you’re a student!
- Spotify and Hulu: These streaming services are offering a bundled deal to students, who can get both Spotify Premium and Hulu Limited Commercials for $4.99/month. A Spotify Premium subscription is typically $9.99/month, and Hulu starts at $7.99/month, making this an awesome deal.
- StudentUniverse: Specializing in discounted hotels, flights, and tours for students between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, StudentUniverse has all of your travel needs covered. You must create a free account to access the discounted rates. Occasionally, promo codes offer greater discounts than the already discounted fares (for example, NEWFOR20 will get you an extra $20 off your first international flight). This is a great resource for summer trips, study abroad, and travel between home and campus.
- UNiDAYS: Like ID.me, UNiDAYS verifies your student status and gives you access to discounts and coupon codes available only to students. Categories including fashion, beauty, travel, food, and technology. You must create an account to access the offers.
- Car Insurance: Whether you pay for your own insurance or you’re on your parents’ plan, most insurance companies offer discounts for students, provided you maintain good grades. Print out your transcripts or show your most recent report card to your agent to determine your eligibility.
- Cell Phone Plans: T-Mobile offers discounted devices to students. AT&T offers monthly service discounts and discounted international plans to qualified faculty and students. Other mobile carriers may also offer discounts too; you’ll have to ask!
- Movie Theaters: Most large theater chains (AMC, Cinemark, Regal) offer discounted tickets for students. You’ll need to show your student ID to receive the cheap tickets.
- Museums: The list of museums that offer free or discounted admission to students is very long and spans the country (if not the world). Check with any you’re planning to visit, and always travel with your student ID just in case.
- Restaurants: Many restaurants, especially casual chains like Chick-fil-A, Qdoba, and Burger King, offer student discounts. It never hurts to ask!
- Retail Stores: Similarly, many stores offer special discounts for students, including Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts, J.Crew, Kate Spade, and more!
It never hurts to ask whether an event you’re attending or business you’re shopping at offers discounts for students. The worst anyone can say is “no,” but as long as you ask, there’s the possibility that you’ll be rewarded with discounts. Your school may be another source for discounted tickets to local sporting events, shows, and more.
Have a favorite student discount that’s not on the list? Share it with us!
Interested in refinancing student loans?Here are the top 8 lenders of 2022!
|Lender||Variable APR||Eligible Degrees|
|2.50% – 6.30%1||Undergrad & Graduate|
|2.05% – 5.25%2||Undergrad & Graduate|
|1.89% – 7.99%3||Undergrad & Graduate|
|2.24% – 7.99%4||Undergrad & Graduate|
|1.89% – 7.99%5||Undergrad & Graduate|
|1.86% – 7.98%||Undergrad |
|1.74% – 7.99%6||Undergrad & Graduate|
|2.24% – 9.23%7||Undergrad & Graduate|
|Check out the testimonials and our in-depth reviews!
1 Important Disclosures for Laurel Road.
Laurel Road Disclosures
All credit products are subject to credit approval.
Laurel Road began originating student loans in 2013 and has since helped thousands of professionals with undergraduate and postgraduate degrees consolidate and refinance more than $9 billion in federal and private school loans. Laurel Road also offers a suite of online graduate school loan products and personal loans that help simplify lending through customized technology and personalized service. In April 2019, Laurel Road was acquired by KeyBank, one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies. Laurel Road is a brand of KeyBank National Association offering online lending products in all 50 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. All loans are provided by KeyBank National Association, a nationally chartered bank. Member FDIC. For more information, visit www.laurelroad.com.
As used throughout these Terms & Conditions, the term “Lender” refers to KeyBank National Association and its affiliates, agents, guaranty insurers, investors, assigns, and successors in interest.
Assumptions: Repayment examples above assume a loan amount of $10,000 with repayment beginning immediately following disbursement. Repayment examples do not include the 0.25% AutoPay Discount.
Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”): This term represents the actual cost of financing to the borrower over the life of the loan expressed as a yearly rate.
Interest Rate: A simple annual rate that is applied to an unpaid balance.
Variable Rates: The current index for variable rate loans is derived from the one-month London Interbank Offered Rate (“LIBOR”) and changes in the LIBOR index may cause your monthly payment to increase. Borrowers who take out a term of 5, 7, or 10 years will have a maximum interest rate of 9%, those who take out a 15 or 20-year variable loan will have a maximum interest rate of 10%.
KEYBANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
This information is current as of April 29, 2021. Information and rates are subject to change without notice.
2 Important Disclosures for LendKey.
Refinancing via LendKey.com is only available for applicants with qualified private education loans from an eligible institution. Loans that were used for exam preparation classes, including, but not limited to, loans for LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, and GRE preparation, are not eligible for refinancing with a lender via LendKey.com. If you currently have any of these exam preparation loans, you should not include them in an application to refinance your student loans on this website. Applicants must be either U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents in an eligible state to qualify for a loan. Certain membership requirements (including the opening of a share account and any applicable association fees in connection with membership) may apply in the event that an applicant wishes to accept a loan offer from a credit union lender. Lenders participating on LendKey.com reserve the right to modify or discontinue the products, terms, and benefits offered on this website at any time without notice. LendKey Technologies, Inc. is not affiliated with, nor does it endorse, any educational institution.
Subject to floor rate and may require the automatic payments be made from a checking or savings account with the lender. The rate reduction will be removed and the rate will be increased by 0.25% upon any cancellation or failed collection attempt of the automatic payment and will be suspended during any period of deferment or forbearance. As a result, during the forbearance or suspension period, and/or if the automatic payment is canceled, any increase will take the form of higher payments. The lowest advertised variable APR is only available for loan terms of 5 years and is reserved for applicants with FICO scores of at least 810.
As of 5/17/2022 student loan refinancing rates range from 2.05% APR – 5.25% Variable APR with AutoPay and 2.49% APR – 7.93% Fixed APR with AutoPay.
3 Important Disclosures for Navient.
4 Important Disclosures for SoFi.
Fixed rates range from 3.99% APR to 8.24% APR with a 0.25% autopay discount. Variable rates from 2.24% APR to 7.99% APR with a 0.25% autopay discount. Unless required to be lower to comply with applicable law, Variable Interest rates on 5-, 7-, and 10-year terms are capped at 8.95% APR; 15- and 20-year terms are capped at 9.95% APR. Your actual rate will be within the range of rates listed above and will depend on the term you select, evaluation of your creditworthiness, income, presence of a co-signer and a variety of other factors. Lowest rates reserved for the most creditworthy borrowers. For the SoFi variable-rate product, the variable interest rate for a given month is derived by adding a margin to the 30-day average SOFR index, published two business days preceding such calendar month, rounded up to the nearest one hundredth of one percent (0.01% or 0.0001). APRs for variable-rate loans may increase after origination if the SOFR index increases. The SoFi 0.25% autopay interest rate reduction requires you to agree to make monthly principal and interest payments by an automatic monthly deduction from a savings or checking account. This benefit will discontinue and be lost for periods in which you do not pay by automatic deduction from a savings or checking account. The benefit lowers your interest rate but does not change the amount of your monthly payment. This benefit is suspended during periods of deferment and forbearance. Autopay is not required to receive a loan from SoFi.
5 Rate range above includes optional 0.25% Auto Pay discount. Important Disclosures for Earnest.
Student Loan Refinance Interest Rate Disclosure Actual rate and available repayment terms will vary based on your income. Fixed rates range from 3.49% APR to 8.24% APR (excludes 0.25% Auto Pay discount). Variable rates range from 2.14% APR to 8.24% APR (excludes 0.25% Auto Pay discount). Earnest variable interest rate student loan refinance loans are based on a publicly available index, the 30-day Average Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) published by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The variable rate is based on the rate published on the 25th day, or the next business day, of the preceding calendar month, rounded to the nearest hundredth of a percent. The rate will not increase more than once per month. The maximum rate for your loan is 8.95% if your loan term is 10 years or less. For loan terms of more than 10 years to 15 years, the interest rate will never exceed 9.95%. For loan terms over 15 years, the interest rate will never exceed 11.95%. Please note, we are not able to offer variable rate loans in AK, IL, MN, NH, OH, TN, and TX. Our lowest rates are only available for our most credit qualified borrowers and contain our .25% auto pay discount from a checking or savings account.
6 Important Disclosures for Purefy.
Purefy Student Loan Refinancing Rate and Terms Disclosure: Annual Percentage Rates (APR) ranges and examples are based on information provided to Purefy by lenders participating in Purefy’s rate comparison platform. For student loan refinancing, the participating lenders offer fixed rates ranging from 2.73% – 7.99% APR, and variable rates ranging from 1.74% – 7.99% APR. The maximum variable rate is 25.00%. Your interest rate will be based on the lender’s requirements. In most cases, lenders determine the interest rates based on your credit score, degree type and other credit and financial criteria. Only borrowers with excellent credit and meeting other lender criteria will qualify for the lowest rate available. Rates and terms are subject to change at any time without notice. Terms and conditions apply.
7 Important Disclosures for Citizens.
Education Refinance Loan Rate Disclosure: Variable interest rates range from 2.24%-9.23% (2.24%-9.23% APR). Fixed interest rates range from 4.29%-9.73% (4.29%-9.73% APR).
Undergraduate Rate Disclosure: Variable interest rates range from 5.37%- 8.81% (5.37% – 8.81% APR). Fixed interest rates range from 5.87% – 9.31% (5.87% – 9.31% APR).
Graduate Rate Disclosure: Variable interest rates range from 2.24% – 8.75% (2.24% – 8.75% APR). Fixed interest rates range from 4.29% – 9.25% (4.29% – 9.25% APR).
Education Refinance Loan for Parents Rate Disclosure: Variable interest rates range from 2.24%- 8.40% (2.24%- 8.40% APR). Fixed interest rates range from 4.29% – 8.90% (4.29% – 8.90% APR).
Medical Residency Refinance Loan Rate Disclosure: Variable interest rates range from 2.24% – 8.75% (2.24% – 8.75% APR). Fixed interest rates range from 4.29% – 9.25% (4.29% – 9.25% APR).